Healthy Recipe to Reduce Back Pain
Shared by Dr. Erik Waldeland
We are chiropractors near West End in St. Louis Park and our mission on getting your back pain resolved. What we eat is one of the three factors that cause back pain and can make us sick. That back pain can linger if we are not aware of our diet so I am always looking for healthy recipes to share with my patients to help them reduce back pain by lowering inflammation. Stress damages various cell components and can cause inflammation leading to pain. Parsnip is abundant in folate, thiamin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, C, E, and K. Additionally, it also has high levels of fiber, water, protein and poly-acetylene antioxidants such as falcarindiol, falcarinol, panaxadiol, and methyl-falcarindiol. Diet has significantly impact on physiological well-being, and high intake of vegetables has been proved to be beneficial in aging and age-related diseases. Fiber is a great prebiotic food that helps our gut microbiome leading to lower inflammation in our body and a better ability to digest nutrients from our food. Antioxidants also lower inflammation leading to a healthier lifestyle. Try this healthy recipe out and start eating well for your health.
- 2 pounds parsnips
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon herbs de province, Italian seasoning or other dried herb mix
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel parsnips and cut into 1-inch chunks. Toss with oil, herbs and salt in a large bowl. Spread out on a large rimmed baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast, stirring once or twice, until the parsnips are tender in the center and browned in spots on the outside, 25 to 35 minutes. Transfer to a platter or plates and garnish with parsley.
- Kenari HM, Kordafshari G, Moghimi M, Eghbalian F, TaherKhani D. Review of Pharmacological Properties and Chemical Constituents of Pastinaca sativa. J Pharmacopuncture. 2021 Mar 31;24(1):14-23. doi: 10.3831/KPI.2021.24.1.14. PMID: 33833896; PMCID: PMC8010426.
When you are looking for a Chiropractor near you that you can trust, choose one who will not only get rid of your back pain, neck pain, or headaches but who will also guide you to living a healthier lifestyle to keep you out of pain. Our St. Louis Park Chiropractors located in the West End, near the corner of MN-100 S & Lake Rd./Westside Dr., are here to teach you that taking care of your mental health and getting the proper nutrients is just as important as the chiropractic adjustment to stay healthy.